I'm an avid recycler and hate to see everyday items going to waste. I save bottle tops, jam jars, old newspapers and scraps of fabric. I'm the Mr Trebass character within our home. So when I cam across these images it filled me with lots of inspiration. I love the idea of home-making a lot of bits and pieces for our wedding; from chutney favours to decorations using old bottles and jar. I know that the wedding will feel a whole lot more personal, when it's filled with my squirel-like hoardings and family home-mades. (It will cut costs too!) So how about hanging decorations cut from old books and newspapers? Or Pompoms made from vintage sewing patterns? Here are two examples that I've come across, but the potential is endless...

Via Vintage Glam Blog.

From Martha Steward Weddings.
Really fab idea...! I love the butterfly mobile, these would look so pretty! x
ReplyDelete